Mojito De Pescado - Fish Mojito (Venezuela)


The basic ingredients used in the preparation are fish (Cod, Shark or Croaker), aliños and coconut milk. In this recipe I use the fish that I had in my refrigerator ( Swordfish) and I did not use coconut mil(I didn't have any in my kitchen). If you want add coconut milk, I recommend it, the flavor the dish is very delicious.This recipe is an emblematic dish of the cuisine of the western of my Country - Venezuela.

Recipe Fish Mojito 

IngredientsPreparation
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. of water
4 tbsp. of tomato sauce
1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
2 small white onion, finely chopped
1 potatoe chopped into small cubes
2 tomato finely chopped
1 1/2 pound of fish (Swordfish)
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp. chopped parsley leaves , olives and capers to garnish

Prior to the preparation, steamed the fish for 15 minutes or cook with olive oil and garlic in a fry pan until fish is tender. Set on the side and cut is small pieces.
Heat oil in a fry pan. Add onion, garlic , peppers and green onions. Cook on a medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and potatoes stirring occasionally, add 2 tbsp of water or coconut milk, cook for about 5 minutes until potatoes are tenders.
Add the fish, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Stir and Cook for about 5 minutes.
To serve, garnish with olives, capers and parsley and serve with a green salad, Yuca or Fried plantain.
Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment